Alabama State Regulations
Process for regaining your license in the State of Alabama following a DUI:
- If applicable wait out your suspension period and complete jail sentence
- File a DI-46a – the Request for Reinstatement Requirements
- Complete a SR-22 insurance form – contact your insurance agent for assistance
- Call Sens-O-Lock of America to set up an account and schedule install for vehicle. Please have your case number and court contact information.
- To complete your reinstatement – visit an Alabama Drivers License Office. Make sure to bring all needed paperwork with the required fee.
- If applicable, complete any court regulations and DUI classes as mandated.
- Bring your IID in for monthly calibration service as indicated on the device, every 30 days, as required by DMV to maintain good standing with the IID Program
Please keep in mind that the steps listed above provide an overview of what is required to restore your license. Please check with your state’s website for more complete details.