Maryland State Regulations
Process for regaining your license in the State of Maryland following a DUI:
- Serve any suspension time or jail time, pay a fine if applicable.
- If your license is suspended, call the Maryland Medical Advisory Board’s Driver Wellness and Safety Division at 410-768-7511 to determine your eligibility for a restricted license. A restricted license will enable you to travel to work, school and other approved locations.
- If you are found eligible for a restricted license, the MVD will issue a document stating you are able to have an interlock device installed.
- Call Sens-O-Lock of America to set up an account and schedule install for vehicle – Please have your VIN number and title number available to set up your account.
- Take your signed authorization document by the installer to the MVA to receive your license.
- Complete any court imposed requirements as necessary
- Bring your IID in for calibration every 35 days as its necessary to keep your license in good standing with the IID program
Please keep in mind that the steps listed above provide an overview of what is required to restore your license. Please check with your state’s website for more complete details.